Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion CPRIA Scholarship
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) CPRIA Scholarship was created to further a core objective of the PRMA – to develop diverse leaders and professionals through mentorship, sponsorship, and training opportunities. The DEI Scholarship provides an opportunity to increase the number of diverse CPRIA credentialed individuals within the high-net-worth personal insurance industry.
Overview of the CPRIA Certification:
The Chartered Private Risk and Insurance Advisor (CPRIA) certificate is the only certification program specifically developed for professionals in the high-net-worth industry. Endorsed by the Tobin Center for Executive Education of St. John’s University in conjunction with St. John’s School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science, CPRIA aims to broaden your knowledge, enable you to give better advice to clients and provide you with specialized solutions to complex industry issues. The certification covers topics that empower our members to serve high net worth clients better. The CPRIA Designation:
- Consists of six consecutive segments which are all completed virtually over the course of 15 months.
- Each segment will take approximately 8 hours to complete. ·
- CE credits are provided.
- The DEI CPRIA scholarship will allow a recipient to attain their certification at no charge. The scholarship is valued at $1,770. ($2,100 with CE credits)
- If selected, you will be asked to complete all six CPRIA courses starting with Segment I on April 1, 2024 and ending with Segment VI in Spring 2025.
- For exact course dates, please refer to the calendar here.
To be eligible for the DEI CPRIA scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarship recipient must be a member of the Private Risk Management Association (PRMA).
- The recipient must come from a diverse background – racially, culturally, gender or disability.
- Dedicated to expanding their knowledge and risk management expertise in the high-net-worth personal lines insurance industry.
- Works full-time for an insurance carrier, broker, agency, or service provider.
- Completes the full application process by March 1, 2024.
Who Should Apply:
The DEI CPRIA scholarship is ideal for individuals who are dedicated to advancing their careers in the high-net-worth industry and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the field of risk management. If you are a PRMA member from a diverse background, working full-time in the insurance sector, and passionate about enhancing your expertise in high-net-worth personal lines insurance, this scholarship provides a unique opportunity to elevate your professional journey. Apply now and join a community of CPRIA-certified professionals committed to excellence and inclusivity in the dynamic world of private risk and insurance advisory.
- Complete all questions in the CPRIA Scholarship application.
- Attach one letter of recommendation. This individual should have first-hand knowledge of your work ethic, personal integrity, and why you are a great recipient for the designation.
The Scholarship recipient will be chosen by March 8th, with the announcement to be made the week of March 11th.