Last revised 7.1.14
PRMA understands the importance of our users’ privacy and security and we take this very seriously. All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that the privacy of Content is protected.
We collect and store a variety of information you submit to the Site or give us in other ways as described below. Some information is personal and some is not. The information we collect is utilized for security and login; membership and processing of billing; the creation of custom user profiles; to improve the Site and, most importantly, to improve your user experience. Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is never sold or provided to advertisers. PRMA respects the privacy of our users’ information. We may create anonymized data packages from some of the information you provide us, however, these data packages will never personally identify you. There are also very limited circumstances where we may be required to share certain PII (such as when required by law) these situations are described in Use of PII.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” (or PII) defined.
- Information such as your name, email address or image, or information that can be used to identify you when combined with other information, is “personally identifiable information.”
- Collection of PII.
- During the registration process we may collect your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, business information or other PII needed to provide you with use of the Site.
- We may occasionally ask you for other PII, such as contact information (mailing address and phone number). We may ask for this information from you in order for you to use the Site beyond just browsing, such as when you register for a Membership Account, or a Non-Member Account, or for other purposes which we will disclose to you at the time we collect such PII.
- Information that is not PII.
- Information that is gathered when you visit the Site is not necessarily PII. Information that doesn’t identify you personally, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type and language, date and time of your visit, ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the Site, your geographic region, industry, the type of content you view, etc. is not PII.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information about how you use the Site; we may also use standard Internet tools, such web beacons or cookies, which collect non-PII and track your use of our website. This information is not PII.
- Opt-out of PII collection.
- You are not required to provide PII when visiting the Site, however many of the features of the Site may not be available to you if you choose not to create an account or, at other times, not to provide certain requested information.
We use the PII requested at registration to provide you the services offered on the Site, including networking, educational events, professional certification, and industry publications. We will only share your PII with third parties in extremely limited circumstances. PRMA may disclose your PII: (a) when we are legally required to do so; (b) to protect the interests or safety of the Site, PRMA or Site users; (c) to another company if we are bought, or if we discontinue operations.
- Improving PRMA experience.
- Our goal is to provide you with the best user experience possible. We may provide non-personal information to analytics companies, affiliates, trusted partners and third parties in order to help us improve your experience by understanding how you use the Site.
- PRMA will never provide your PII to an advertiser when you interact with or view an advertisement. PRMA may target advertising based on personal information provided by users as well as from site usage. Your PII, however, is never provided or sold to advertisers. Information used by advertisers may include gender, age, industry or field of business, geographic or other data. Note that by interacting with or viewing an advertisement on the Site you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the criteria used to display the targeted advertisement.
- By using the Site you consent to PRMA sharing non-personal information we collect from you and other users with advertisers, affiliates, trusted partners and third parties so that they display advertising of interest to users of the Site. We may anonymously aggregate your PII with information from other users and use and/or share the resulting non-PII with third parties. In doing so we will make your information non-personally identifiable by removing any characteristics that would identify it as you including your name.
- Your email address.
- PRMA uses your email address to contact you regarding your account. PRMA will also send you marketing and promotional materials about PRMA, the Site, and other services, and send you marketing and promotional materials regarding third-party products, including from affiliates, third parties and trusted marketing partners with whom we have shared your PII.
- Membership Directories and Registration Lists.
- As a professional organization, the PII you provide may be published on the Site and in print or digital form in a variety of ways to allow other professionals and the public to find you, including, but not limited to the PRMA Member Directoryand other types of registration lists for PRMA programs and events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information, or social security numbers.
- Opting-out of PRMA Membership Directory
- If you do not wish for your member information to be available through the PRMA Member Directory to other PRMA members using this Site, you may opt-out by checking the “Opt-Out” box next to the Directory Preference question on your initial membership application or going to “My Directory Options” under your Account Settings.
- Opting-out of PRMA emails.
- If you do not wish to receive emails from PRMA (except emails related to customer service or your account), you may opt-out by going to “Messaging Preferences” under your Account Settings and unchecking the “Yes” box.
- Opting-out of third-party emails.
- PRMA will not share your information with any third-parties without your permission
- Opting-out of Non-PII sharing.
- You may opt-out from PRMA providing your non-PII to certain partners. For more information about your online privacy and non-PII sharing, visit networkadvertising.org, aboutads.info, and jumptap.com.
Public Information on the Site
Certain activities that you choose to participate in on the Site may be public. This includes, but is not limited to, linking your account with other social media platforms, and clicking through to other sites or to advertisements.
A brief explanation of some forms of information that may be displayed publicly is found below:
- Social media.
- You may choose to link your account with third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, or with other social media applications or plug-ins. By choosing to link your account in these manners, you allow us to have access to PII and non-PII available in your social network or social media profile and your PII may be viewed or possibly used by other members of these sites. Be mindful when choosing to link your account with other applications or plug-ins.
- Clicking through.
- Our Site may feature advertisements served by others to our Site. Advertisers and ad servers may utilize their own cookies, web beacons, or pixels. Advertisers and ad servers may also collect non-PII such as your IP address and your viewing habits of the advertisement. PRMA is not responsible for these cookies or any data collected through use of these cookies, web beacons, or pixels. The advertisement service providers are solely responsible for the information they collect and how they use that information.
- California Privacy Rights.
- Users outside of the United States.
- Users must be age 18 or older.
- You may not register to use this Site if you are under the age of 18. PRMA will never knowingly open an account and collect personal information from children under the age of 14. The parent or guardian of any child believed to have opened an account and provided us with personal information in violation of this policy may contact us to delete the account and any such information.
- Changes to this policy.
PRMA takes the protection of your personal information very seriously. We utilize reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect the information under our control. All third-party vendors working with us are carefully screened to ensure the security of your data and personal information. Our data storage partners are regarded as having among the highest security standards in the industry. However, no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
- We make every effort to ensure the security of your communications on our systems through the use of physical, organizational, and technological safeguards. All measures taken to protect your personal information are relative and appropriate to the sensitivity of such information. All safeguards are designed to protect against unauthorized use access, disclosure or use of the personal information collected on the Site. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, we cannot warrant that the information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure. All information provided to us is provided at your own risk.
- PRMA may store your information, in whole or in part, on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from other vendors or entities. We rely on the safety and security statements of such vendors with regard to their storage equipment and services. By using the Site, you agree that PRMA is not responsible for any issues related to the electronic storage equipment and services of other vendors or entities, including, but not limited to, the release, loss or corruption of your data. You also agree that you will seek remedy from the vendors or entities for any such issue and not PRMA.
We will only retain your personal information so long as it is necessary for the purposes it was collected, for the products and services that you use, or to meet any and all legal requirements. Our retention standards meet these requirements. Your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer needed for any of these purposes.
- see personal information that you have sent us in order to correct or update it, or delete your personal information from our files;
- if your child has opened an account and sent us personal information and you would like to delete that personal information from our files;
- ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you; or
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing address: Private Risk Management Association, P.O. Box 9208, Fall River, MA 02720