Introduction to Family Office Risk Management
Family Offices are the ultimate risk management challenge for the personal risk specialist focused on the high net worth segment. Acquiring and maintaining these clients creates a true test of one’s expertise, technical skill, and business savvy. In this introductory course, you’ll learn the skills needed to deliver a risk management strategy to family offices. You will also gain better insight into the unique needs of family offices, and what it takes, as a service provider, to acquire and maintain these accounts.
The course, endorsed by the Tobin Center for Executive Education of St. John’s University in conjunction with St. John’s School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science is ideal for those who want to target prospects in this segment, who provide client service to wealthy families, who underwrite family accounts or who want to learn more about family offices and their risk management needs. This valuable curriculum is a building block in your education and provides the foundation that will enable you to continue expanding your knowledge in this area.
The member fee for the course is $100 for 30-day access and $150 for 60-day access.
CE credits are available for an additional fee.
Introduction to Family Office Risk Management is offered on demand. You have the option of purchasing the course for 30 or 60 days.
Complete the following, in addition to the final assessment, to receive a certificate of completion:
- Online Learning Course: What is a Family Office? Understanding the purposes, organizational structures, functions, and services typically provided by family offices
- Online Learning Course: Understanding Family Offices. Understanding the dynamics and nuances of serving the insurance and risk management needs of multi-generation wealthy families
- Online Learning Course: Create Your Family Office Process. Developing a strategic process to acquire, onboard, and maintain family office accounts
- Online Learning Course: Risk Review and Analysis. Guidance and suggestions for the risk review and analysis part of the family office acquisition process
- Online Learning Course: Presentation of Findings and Program Implementation. Planning for the presentation of your program design and recommendations; onboarding; and maintenance of family office accounts
- Expert's Corner: Recorded interviews with family office experts discussing the challenges of running a family office and the selection process of outside advisors and service providers.
Optional Reading Assignments
- Selected articles addressing key issues and concerns of family office professionals and family members.
Estimated Learning Commitment
Estimated Learning Commitment
Continuing Education Credits for P&C Producer Approved States shown below:
|CA, FL, ME
|AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, GA, IA, ID, IL, KS, KY, MA, MN, MS,
MT, NC, NH, NM, NJ, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI, WY